Tuesday 16 June 2009

Old as old could be

Old age has a nasty habit of creeping up on you unexpectedly. Whilst still feeling like a teenager in the head, you gradually realise that your skin is wrinkled and saggy, you have more aches and pains than before, you can no longer consume a skin-full of booze and get up easily the next morning, policemen (and traffic wardens) start looking younger and you prefer Magic FM to Radio 1. You realise that all those hopes and ambitions...the ideas of conquering the world (or saving it...) have long gone, and all you want to do is sit in the rocking chair with a mug of cocoa watching an episode of your favourite soap.

The boy found his first grey hair today

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha. That was funny. When you get to my age, the grey outnumbers the brown!! Sob sob. But I still feel 29 on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast you're not MENopausal ;-) TFx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a gray hair on my nephew's head and he's only six years old. I've had a few pop up on my head too - they have dye for that hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!

    I had to check that the Drs new assistant was wearing long trousers.

    Getting old is not for the faint hearted,

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the palm of his hand, I take it?

    RTFM - trust me - maturity can be a sexy attribute in a male, so enjoy your prime I say!

    So long as chaps dress well and keep any ear, eyebrow and nose leylandi down, that is.

    ReplyDelete

There's only one thing worse than being commented on...not commented on