Wednesday 17 June 2009

Feckers

I just need to get some things off my chest. Sorry.

1. What is it with the constant stream of people coming and going throughout a gig? I know it's about the 2 Ps. Piss - well if you need to go, go before the concert starts. I was taught that when I was still a babe in arms. Pint - if you need to drink beer at a gig, buy it at the bar before the start and make it last. In both cases you've paid forty squids for your ticket, which is a complete waste if you spend half the time not actually listening to the band. These are surely the same people that can't get through a couple of hours at the cinema without munching their way through a ton of sweets and crisps and a lake of cola. Or get on a European flight without a three course meal, crisps, nuts and beer, wine and and and.

2. To the man standing next to me last night checking the e-mails on his Crackberry. Get a life you fecker

3. If you go to a gig, don't leave ten minutes before the end so you miss the rush for the tube afterwards. That's like not reading the last ten pages of a novel. Feckers the lot of them

Right. Sorted.

Oh yes, Kings of Leon? Brilliant.

Travelled down the river from London Bridge to the O2.



My apologies to Glasvegas who were the support. I love your music, it was everyone else's fault that we only caught the last song in your set. It was a very good song.

And when KoL came on everyone, even in the seated area, stood and danced from beginning to end.



Hope they're playing again soon.

11 comments:

  1. I hate that picture of me!!! Great concert though
    From Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they rocked.

    Can't believe crackberry man either - he must have been there on some corporate junket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am even more gutted than before now I know Glasvegas was the support.

    Officially and properly gutted

    Thanks for the sound clip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful, you're starting to sound like an old man at a gig. I am now playing KoL just to console myself for missing this. Glad you enjoyed. And let that be the last of it. Harrumph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't start me on stupid gig behaviour, I'll be here all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good time. I think Kay hopes to go to Reading to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, feckers the lot of 'em. Twats! Too much money that's their problem

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the trog with the bucket of popcorn that ALWAYS ignores all the empty seats in the cinema and come to sit right behind me, that drives me crackers.

    Sounds like a good night,

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  9. "To the man standing next to me last night checking the e-mails on his Crackberry. Get a life you fecker" - I shouted out Yes at the computer screen when I read this. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT? Why do they also do it at the bank and they keep jiggering around with it when it's their turn to be served.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms Loco - I've never known a woman to like a picture of herself

    NVG - yes he was in a suit

    AG - are you speaking to me yet?

    Mme de Farge - I am the grumpy old man

    Rol - oh go on

    Rosiero - hope Kay gets to go

    TF - feckers and twats too true

    NWBD - they should be banned from selling it!

    Tara - hope you didn't make any one jump!

    ReplyDelete

There's only one thing worse than being commented on...not commented on