Wednesday 4 September 2013

Pain and Gain

It was a boys night out as The Boy and I headed off to the cinema.  First we walked round the gadget store looking at all the wonders of modern technology before heading to the Mexican street food stall for steak fajitas.  Lovely and disgusting at the same time.  The Boy bought me a present...those marketing folk are clever aren't they?


We went to see Pain and Gain which was hilarious.  Perhaps for all the wrong reasons as it was based on the true story of bodybuilders who kidnapped a man and tortured him until he signed over all his assets, including the secret ones he had stashed in Bermuda.  As ever it could probably have done with a few cuts, was played for laughs, but it was good entertainment and definitely one for The Boys.

When we headed home I took this picture of the Tube Map made from Lego for Steve



Being on crutches seems to be catching on...everywhere we turn someone seems to have broken one or other of their lower limbs.  This was Brighton last week


It may have been wrong to suggest these are Up's crutch friends.

It's supposed to be quiet at the moment, with the last gasp of summer holidays.  Hence this pub in Bermondsey Street.  1 o'clock on Friday when it would normally be heaving, it was thus


It also means that all the people who don't usually, and indeed shouldn't, drive to work.  In most cases I think they must have left their brains on holiday.  No wonder that riding my motorbike has been a little hair-raising this week.  Yesterday I had to brake so sharply as (yet another) car turned in front of me.  I left half the Malaysian rubber plantation output on the road, and my bowels ended up in my mouth.