Sunday 19 December 2010

The Demon Barber(ina)

Another day and another cancellation...we were due to have some 18 people for dinner on Saturday, but not surprisingly the weather put paid to that. I think this year will be remembered as the Christmas that nearly was...!

I've heard it said that some fathers buy their son a tart when it's coming of age time. I've never thought it a good idea. I don't want to think about that sort of thing.
I have demanded though that when he's of drinking age I want him to take me to the pub and buy me a pint. Just one pint, and I'll be a very happy man.

One defining moment for the male is shaving...boys always want to start long before they need to, only to discover that it's a tedious task they'll have to do for the rest of their natural. But having to shave is a sign of manhood.

This week we had a fabulous shared 'manly' experience...a shave at that fine establishment, Geo F Trumper in Mayfair, courtesy of The Cat's Mum. All done with cut throat razors, it was a glorious experience. The Boy was done by a barberina, and seemed to lap it up. And why not?!






I too enjoyed my hot towels and shave