Tuesday 2 November 2010

Johnny No Mates

I can't say I'm not more than a little disappointed. In fact it's fair to say I'm 'heartbroken'. It's been my proud boast over the last several months that Lloyd Cole is following me on twitter. Being stalked by a celebrity I regard as an achievement of no small measure.

Last night we went to see the man playing at the Komedia in Brighton...it's a long way, but the fight through the rush hour traffic was worthwhile as he played brilliantly. So I tweeted to say how fab he was. I expected some sort of reply; at least an acknowledgement. But nothing. Not a single peep from the digital ether. How ungrateful.

It was only this morning that I looked through my list of followers on Twitter. It's not a long list. A quick glance was sufficient to see that Lloyd has abandoned me. I don't know why. I don't know what I've done. So my only lasting souvenir of the night is a couple of new CDs that he was flogging and the alcohol stickiness from the floor of the Komedia on the bottom of my shoes.

Perhaps tomorrow's performance in Islington will be better. Tube strike allowing.

In the meantime I need a brand new friend