Wednesday 21 July 2010

It's Wednesday....it must be....

...Tara's photogallery time I hear you chime. Well yes, you're right it is. But no, not this week for me...this week people are selecting an image which represents a book they've read and love. And I read plenty of books, and mostly love them all...and even if I don't I still plough on 'til the end. I'd lined something up...I went through a period of taking pictures of lots of numbers..on buildings, in the streets,on vehicles and so on...the idea was to create a 'book of numbers' as a fun way of introducing kids to erm numbers. I thought some of these would be good to illustrate a blog piece for Tara about a book I once read called The Book of Numbers...it was brilliant and about life in Iraq under Saddam Hussein. (Of course, the two things are not related in any way, but ho hum.) But the thing is, I can't remember the author. I'm not so good on things like that which is a severe drawback in my profession. I had meant to go home (the empty one) and find it, but I arrived back from the office without my keys, so missed my chance.

Instead, here's a book that I'd like to read. I saw it down the trendiest street in London, and it amused. You can always judge a book by its cover I say....