Monday 28 June 2010

There will be giants

Me: "Are we doing anything on Friday night?"
The Cat's Mum: "No"
"Let's meet at St Pancras then"
"What are we doing?"
"Not telling"

Friday night
"Why are we here?"
"We're catching a train"
"Oooh how exciting - the Eurostar!"
"No, we're going to Stratford"
"WHAT! YOU MEAN I CAME THROUGH STRATFORD HALF AN HOUR AGO, ON THE HOT, SWEATY, STICKY TUBE, JUST TO TAKE THE TRAIN BACK? ARE YOU MAD?"
"This is a different Stratford. This is Stratford International"

Later
"Ok I think you'd better tell me what's happening...you know I'm not good with surprises"
"We're going to a car park"
"WHAT?"
"Yes. A car park in a shopping centre. But it's not finished yet.

A little later

"We're here"



And magically, this becomes:



We were greeted by an Amazonian giant...I'd say 6'5, but I can't be sure as my neck was stiff from trying to look up.

And inside it's like this:



The views were spectacular:





The food was delicious, and it was an amazing, evening. We were so very lucky to be able to go. I loved it. Read all about it here - what a brilliant idea. And it was a shame to leave at the end of a very lively evening.