Tuesday 20 October 2009

Rules are meant to be broken

In recent weeks you will have spotted a thread of anarchy beginning to spread through the Nota Bene household. First the ticket for stopping in the bus lane, then for disobeying a red traffic light, followed by The Boy's violent affray on the rugby pitch. To be sure, we are not a law-abiding lot, although we have not yet plumbed the depths of Ronald Biggs misdemeanour, nor the Kray twins - although there is a passing resemblence between the boy and myself.

So you will not be surprised to learn that I have taken my cocking a snoot at authority to new levels. There are reasons for this, of course. I feel the heavy hand of authoritarianism of our New Labour master ever more heavily on my wallet and my very being. It is time for rebellion and revolution. I have been boning up on my Che to help me on my way.

Last night I was at the heart of our democracy and I took my opportunity. It was just one small step on the road to revolution, although I'm not sure I am yet a Bolshevik icon, but it's the small things that make a difference.

Here are a couple of pictures from inside the House of Commons. The policeman was not best pleased, and I was expecting to be marched down to the cells. And I don't think it'll give much away to Al Qaeda. The flock wallpaper in committee room 10 was very nice, but I was disappointed there was no chicken balti on the menu.


4 comments:

  1. it all starts small you know, but habits grow. Next you'll be taking photos of border guards, then foreign air plane bases and it'll all end in tears (or Greek jails!!!!!)

    Personally I'm disappointed of the lack of close up of the Flock - if the government wish to be embarassed surely this is the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! My run in re Wales Ombudsman continues though with no hope of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a bit of civil disobedience is therapeutic! I have plenty of Che books if you need help with your homework...

    ReplyDelete

There's only one thing worse than being commented on...not commented on