Tuesday 15 January 2013

This is not a vlog

There is some distress in my life at the moment.

Firstly, we went to see Privates on Parade at the theatre on Friday.  I can forgive the play for being somewhat past its sell by date and reminding me of 'It ain't half hot mum' ...I mean the war in Malaya is somewhat lost in the annals of history, and was probably pretty meaningless to the teenagers; I can forgive the humorous racism...especially as, with a massive twist of irony, Warren Mitchell (Alf Garnett) was also in the audience.  But what I'm struggling with is that, yet again, The Cat's Mother took me to something with MALE NUDITY.  I've referred to this before.  It's not so much that I object to seeing the odd male buttock, or todger, it's just what's wrong with women actors these days...why don't they take their clothes off too? It's not fair.

Moving swiftly on, I cannot tell you how foolish I felt today when I picked up my change from the self-service counter at Sainsbury's.  I said "Thank you".  I feel this is not right on so many levels.

And finally, here's the highlight of our weekend.  If you fancy a ride in a cable car, and see the parts of London that have long been unloved, head for the Emirates Airline.  Essentially it takes you from nowhere to nowhere, but the view 300ft up is fabulous.  We thought it was totally exciting.




Evidently Transport for London think it is part of the public transport network, which is nonsense.,..it's just fun to do....even when the wind is so strong you think the cabin might blow off the cable at any moment.