Thursday 8 November 2012

Squirelling it away.

At home, the thuggish squirrels lifted the glass dome off the bird feeder and sent it crashing to the ground.  It's not the first time they've done it, won't be the last, and I remain mystified as to why they do it as they don't even like the dried worms that are our food of choice for the birds.

Meanwhile, whilst walking through the gardens of St Paul's yesterday, this little fellow popped out of the bushes and spent a good while staring at me...not more than a couple of feet away...it was only my slowness that meant he's a little distant in the picture.  If you click on it, you'll see he/she has no tail.  It makes him look odd, and it took me a while to work out that he was really a squirrel.  I wonder what happened to him?  It can't have been too bad, because he was an absolute porker.