Saturday 2 June 2012

First Friday Photos

I think it's time for a change...the blog has had the same look for ever so long, and as they say a change is as good as a rest.  Some might suggest that a rest would be a good idea, but it's not going to happen....so over the next few days, I'm going to have a play around and see what happens...the main thing I worry about is whether I'll lose all the comments on past blog posts.  That happened when I moved from to 'Disqus' so I'd be disappointed if it happened again...any hints before I make the leap would be much appreciated and welcomed.

I've finally got the hang of what I want to do with the daily photo post - I prepare it at the weekend and then schedule them to go up each weekday at the same time.  I don't tweet those, but will continue to tweet the 'main' posts.  It works for me...

May has been a busy month so a fair number of pictures taken...none too artistic but all happy memory joggers

 A new piece of street art...I think the artist is Toofy...and am sure Duncan who has a brain the size of a planet will correct me if I'm wrong

 The Queen's Diamond Jubilee window, languishing in The Houses of Parliament...hope they find a home for it
 If you know Old Street in London, you'll know that beautiful is not a word associated with it, but at night it looks great
 This is where we were rehearsing
 A windswept tree on the coast
 Quack
 In the heart of Brighton, these ancient buildings have avoided the developer's eye
 Did Mondrian paint these I wonder?
 The pretty harbour in Cyprus
 The reflections really appealed to me
 Night time at our hotel
Happy birthday Mum.  Happy Anniversary to you both