Monday 23 July 2012

15 minutes?

Remarkably, we've been told that each and everyone of the volunteers for the Opening Ceremony will have their names included in the Programme for Ceremony (separate to the main Programme).  That may be one big Programme...I've ordered mine from Amazon, and it will be £15 well invested.

If you've not got any Olympic Souvenirs yet, there's plenty of time and it's true to say that the shops are flooded with them.  Of course they are, and so they should be...this is a great event and we should all have some personal memory of it.  I've been sent a couple of things to review.  The two characters are Mandeville and Wenlock, which may look odd to adults, but judging by the reactions of the Muffins, kids just love them...in fact as far as I can work out kids are just going bonkers for the Olympics so will be making heavy demands on parents pockets for gifts.  I was sent one of those multi-colour pens...I had one as a child and spent hours drawing and writing with every colour. At £6ish it seems a steep price to pay though.  The other thing I was sent was a Wenlock soft toy.  It's lovely and cuddly and no doubt has passed all the relevant safety regulations...if you've got kids of soft-toy cuddling age it's worth getting.  I will add it to my own collection of soft toys.....









My first moment of fame may have come. This is an 'official' trailer for the Opening ceremony...and if you don't blink there is a fleeting image of me at 16s....