Friday 1 April 2011

First Friday Photos(hop)

Well it's really getting quite surreal in Libya now. If it wasn't already. In 2009 Silvio Berlusconi presented Gadaffi with the gift of a white lion called Romulus. His brother, called Remus was transported to Berlusconi's estate (the one where he held his infamous 'bunga bunga' parties). Gadaffi feels slighted by the Italians so threatened to release Romulus into the wild and in a move yet to be sanctioned by the UN, the Italians sent in a crack team of soldiers to rescue it in the early hours of this morning. Barking mad. Absolutely. No it's not an April Fool.

Anyway, it is April 1st and it is a Friday, so I've dug out some photos I've taken this month. If you double click on them you can see them full size

These two were actually taken in January 2009, but I was playing with Photoshop, and realised just how easy it is to completely change the nature of a picture. The first one has been altered - a late autumn on parched soil. As opposed to the second picture, the original, which was taken on a misty, snowy, cold winter's morning. Surreal. Some of the other pictures have been 'enhanced' as well...I wonder if you can guess which ones?







This is a piece of work by Ben Eine...we walked around the East End with some friends. Art or graffiti? I think it's very pleasing.



In Norfolk, I came across this tumbledown outhouse...really atmospheric



A shop in Shoreditch...ful of kitsch...the sort of thing you'll find this restaurant is decorated with. I love it.



More decay in Norfolk...an enormous abandoned house



Same place



More Roa - an indoors installation...you had to walk all round it and peer inside to see all the work. Fascinating



I'm not a Royalist...these teabags were given to us by The Boy's German exchange student...they are a lot of fun, and we'll be re-using them on THAT wedding day



Lovely beach huts in Norfolk



Roa...absolutely my favourite street artist



I was just taking a picture of the child's footprint, when the dog came along and stuck his nose in



I asked this lady if I could take a picture of her and her dog...



Really pleased with this shot of geese



And finally more beach huts...nothing quite as quintessentially English as a beach hut